Friday, June 01, 2007

It was 40 years ago today

I've just finished listening to Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, on the 40th anniversary of its release in the UK. My parents bought me a copy for my 15th birthday in 1967. Mum commented that I had told her it would cost $5.25, but it was actually $5.50, which she thought was a bit steep!

I still have the record [which is mono]: it is well worn and the cover has a few tears. Many people say the mono version is superior to the stereo version, but I enjoy listening to the CD and like hearing the bits and pieces coming from the different speakers.

It is still very enjoyable to listen to, after all these years. Don't play Beatles CDs much now: played my records and later the CDs to death and can now "play" them without putting them in a reproducing device!

No comments: